Monday, March 07, 2005

Kannathil Muthamittal On saturday, I happened to see Kannathil Muthamittal (KM) for the second time. Though I have liked that movie before, this time I totally fell in love with it. People who know me know that I am not a big fan on Maniratnam, though I like some of his movies and hate the others. But KM was an extraordinary movie to me. Of course, Madhavan and Simran had done a wonderful job. The scene at the Rameswaram shore is awesome when Madhavan as Thiruselvan promises Amutha that he would take her to Sri Lanka and for Simran its the way she misses and talks to her little sons from Sri Lanka over the phone was adjectiveless. The 'chella pattu kanna' she utters conveys more than a million emotions. Though I have a liking for Simran, its an absolute fact that she had given her best in KM and needless to talk about the song 'kannathil muthamittal' where Simran and Keerthana (living up to her father's name) run and play near the shores and sung by Chinmayi and the superlative picturisation. Lots and lots more to keep talking about the movie and in a few minutes, I would have talked about every scene. Overall, I have now decided to own a VCD/DVD of the movie and its even up there in my profile.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mahadevan said...

indeed, there are lots of movies by Mani, which are just excellent. you will never agree.. :-)

2:34 AM, March 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home