Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Golden Tooth

My wife is so delighted on seeing gold jewels which obviously doesn't fascinate me so much, especially when I see the rates. She gets excited everytime some gold is added to our household. Today, I added some gold, but not to the great excitement of my wife. Yes, today, I got a golden tooth fixed in me. To be exactly right, its just a golden coloured crown placed on a half-decayed tooth after filling it up and thus preventing further damage to that tooth.

This is just a simple root canal treatment but the reason for the mention this time is that about 10 days ago, I happened to swallow the earlier crown on the tooth made of Nickel and Chromium. My wife obviously was scared as it had sharp edges. Somehow, I wasn't entirely scared and I was right when my dentist confirmed that its nothing to worry. The last words from my dentist to me today still rings in my ears - "Don't swallow it this time. Though its not extremely dangerous, its not nice to do it twice."

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jayashree said...

Hi Ganesh,


I went to a dentist too, last month for a general chk up and I was completely scandalised when he told me my wisdom tooth needs to be surgically extracted!!! still wondering how I'm gonna handle it :)

6:50 PM, January 31, 2006  
Blogger Ganesh said...

getting your wisdom tooth extracted is much better than your wisdom being extracted out ;)

7:24 PM, January 31, 2006  
Blogger Mahadevan said...

comedy-ah... vendru... vaay vazhiya saapidu sonna, vaay la irukardha saapidara... idhula wisdom edu, adha edu-nu..

6:33 PM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger manikandan said...

prabu saniyanae, padikaravannukku easy'aa puriyara madhiri yezhudhudaa..

cheers
manikandan

7:32 PM, February 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home