Friday, March 03, 2006

Did we all wait for this?

I am not a great politics person and I don't care about who's ruling my state or the country - this definitely does not mean that I don't care for my country. Of course, I do. But, I just couldn't care about these people who hardly do any good and never fulfill their once-in-five-years promises. Hence, I have never voted in any elections till-date and also have been very firm in my thought that I should never vote in my lifetime. I am sure there would be a few people against this notion of mine. My logic is simple - if I have to select someone as my leader, I would have expectations from him and I am sure they cannot meet even the most fundamental of those expectations. But, from this morning, I have started to contemplate about voting for a 'young' party which might contest in the forthcoming elections. Though, I am not sure, as yet.

A refreshing news piece caught my eye in The Hindu this morning and it really fascinated me and hence the above change of thought. We have all seen a lot of movies where the politicians do a lot of good to the people and even some young learned people taking up politics for the sake of society and not for their family. The Lok Paritran party could make that a reality, if everything goes well. I sincerely hope that good politician isn't an oxymoron, probably a few years down from now and I wish the new party all the very best.

PS: Is that you who said "nee vote potta yenna, podaatti yenna?"

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a fool for not voting for all these years!! You deserve exactly these kinds of leaders. Was it Plato or Aristotle who said that the price for not voting is that you end up being ruled by people who are inferior to you. Although in your case it is kind of hard...

The best thing about this new party is that it has made you change your mind !

6:15 PM, March 03, 2006  
Blogger Craze Maze said...

Really felt happy after reading the article on the IIT guys. But I am not sure how far these political parties will succeed in attracting the local masses.

And Mr. Anonymous who doesnt have the guts to reveal who you are ..

I feel that every election should have an extra option of "No candidate" to choose, if we feel that none of the candidates are right.

Till then, nobody has the right blame the people who donot vote, and only then parties will come up with good candidates.

5:55 PM, March 10, 2006  
Blogger Ganesh said...

First, a thanks to crazemaze for coming on to support my views.

and coming to the anonymous issue, i generally don't reply to f***s who dont have the guts to even disclose their identity in a blog like this and hence, i didnt reply all these days.

and your idea seems great to me - i wud surely be voting if there was the "none of the above" option :)

6:22 PM, March 10, 2006  
Blogger Deena said...

Hi Ganesh,

My personal feeling about your decision of not voting is a idiotic one! If everyone thinks like you and boycotts the election, there is no harm to the politicians. Instead they will be happy and it gives the way for the strongest party to takeaway the unused votes like you. You don't have to choose any leader for your state or country, they will select themselves. But good to see that you have changed your mind, but think well before you casting your vote. Be Indian! ;-)

12:53 AM, March 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Deena,

You cannot say that anyone who doesn't vote is an idiot. If you vote for a party or a person, then it represents that you are believing that person to serve for that nation/ people. If you do not believe any party or person, then ganesh's views are absolutely right.

Regards,
Ram

9:18 PM, March 22, 2006  
Blogger 'Arnold' Bala said...

Hi,

As you said, we all expect certain things from political parties but if they are of no use, we feel that we should not cast our vote to anyone. If we don't vote, perhaps, this would be advantageous for them to use your vote in favour of them (in an illegal and unwanted way). Hence, there should be a provision of an option called "None of the above" in the voting machine which would enable us to resolve both the problems.

Here is the link of a news which was published in Hindu on 4th April 2006 about this subject.

http://www.hindu.com/2006/04/04/stories/2006040412450100.htm

6:27 PM, April 04, 2006  
Blogger Craze Maze said...

Ananda vikatan's last week editorial was on the same issue. Actually a provision exists.49 O.

Gnani has started a movement called "Oh podu" to educate people about this option.

www.ohpodu.org

5:05 PM, April 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home