Thursday, February 02, 2006

Got married again!

It has been 3 years and 210 days since I got married for the first time in this life. It has been great to live with my first wife and my life has completely changed for the better. We even have a son who is just more than a year old who has further illuminated our lives. But, we both decided that we have had enough and wanted to re-marry and I didn't trust Feb 2, 2006 would be the date for it. What a surprise? It happened today. Yes, we got married again today officially at the registrar's office. My son has had the privilege to witness his parents' wedding.

It was partly my mistake too as I never bothered about getting my marriage registered, though it happened with consent from all sides. It was about 2 years after my marriage that I realised that I should register it for various reasons. Knowing our government office formalities and also concerned about the delay, I was wondering how to go about it. I was very careful as I didn't have proper address-proof documents too. But, to my delight, there was someone (a close relative), who offered help and said that he can get it done in no time through his contacts. So, we filled up the form and attached our wedding invitation and even a photograph. I, honestly, don't remember when was this as it was long long ago, so long ago, nobody knows how long ago. After that I have been asking my wife to follow it up with that relative (obviously related to her) and have been hearing 'very soon' 'very soon' for a long time. As I took more than 2 years, he also took his own sweet time and finally made it to happen today and I certainly owe a big thanks to that relative. Right now, I have to go to that office again this evening to collect the marriage certificate.

We got married, lived happily, were blessed with a son, got re-married and hope to live happily forever.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jayashree said...

Wow!! Congrats Ganesh :)

6:06 PM, February 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vazhthugal Ganesh ;)

- Madhavan

8:44 PM, February 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home