Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Pilgrimage

I was forced to agree to one mottai for my son, though I was against the idea initially. Along with the mottai trip, I had promised to take my wife to as many temples as possible, as she has never travelled much before and hasn't seen places. This year, we decided to dedicate the outing to temples and make it a pilgrimage. Again, I am not a very religious/pious person - infact, I am agnostic. I was completely comfortable with the tag of a glorified driver for the entire trip and I loved to drive my new Maruti Swift all along the 1018 kilometres we travelled to visit many temples, which actually counted up to 34 temples. Many friends & relatives wondered (still wonder), how did Ganesh visit so many temples. I should attribute it to my wife, as I was happy to take her wherever she wanted to go.

Though, I didn't do the real worship as others do in those temples, I enjoyed all those stories in the form of sthala puranams. Almost every priest in each one of these temples seemed to say that their temple was the most sacred of all and you get to wash away all sins by offering prayers there. Oh, what an easy way to wipe off our faux pas. Let there be Gods or not, but I certainly believe that going to many temples and by offering prayers and money, one will not be relieved of their sinful acts.

I should also not forget to tell you that I relished the calm and quiet atmosphere and tranquility of some of those temples along with the ancient architectural beauts.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you got the calm and the quiet of the temples nanba.

Regards from Spain

5:24 PM, May 04, 2006  
Blogger Known Stranger said...

yamma sammy... pothuma ella unumm venumaa kovil.

1:56 PM, May 10, 2006  
Blogger Shreedharan said...

a professionally planned trip...huh !! :-)

9:52 AM, June 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home