Saturday, January 03, 2009

அம்மா, you are the best



Uyirum neeyae udalum neeyae unarvum neeyae thaayae than
udalil sumandhu uyiril kalandhu uruvam tharuvaay neeyae
un kannil vazhiyum oru thuli poadhum kadalum urugum thaayae
un kaaladi mattum tharuvaay thaayae sorggam endbadhu poyyae
(uyirum)
vinnaip padaiththaan mannaip padaiththaan
kaatrum mazhaiyum oliyum padaiththaan
boomikku adhanaal nimmadhi illai
saami thaviththaan thaayaip padaiththaan
(uyirum)

I follow தமிழ் movie songs and I have liked most of the அம்மா songs. Somehow I have been missing this song - best of them all from the movie Pavithra - probably because I usually hate anything associated with Ajith. But, this one has been a revelation in terms of lyrics and the rendition by Unnikrishnan and of course, the Rahman music too. I have loved Unnikrishnan's voice, ever since என்னவளே, but this song has been beyond all superlatives. I think it has been the singer who has given the most life to this song, with due respect to the lyricist and the musician. I don't know if there is a better அம்மா song on earth. Simply the best - can't stop thinking of my mom.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Venkatesh R said...

Thanks for making us to remember the best Amma song.

Regards,
Venkatesh

4:56 PM, January 28, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes Ganesh...It is the one of the best songs from ARR_UNNI combo...
Thanx for sharing this with us... :)))

3:49 PM, January 29, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home